west elm x pbk Mid-Century Toddler Bed Conversion Kit
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Brought to you in collaboration with west elm, our GREENGUARD Gold certified Mid-Century Nursery Collection combines timeless style with durable craftsmanship. Each piece is made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility from sustainably sourced wood that's kiln-dried for extra strength, complete with child-safe, water-based finishes. This conversion kit turns the Mid-Century Convertible Crib into a cozy toddler bed.
HOW IT IS CONSTRUCTED
- Expertly crafted of solid sap gum wood and MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard).
- All wood is kiln-dried, a process that ensures that the furniture will never split, warp, crack or mildew.
- Finish is applied in multi-step process using child-safe, water-based paint. The paint provides durability, richness and depth of colour to each piece.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified. Meets or exceeds stringent chemical emissions standards.
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility. For a product to become Fair Trade Certified™, factories must meet a rigorous set of social, environmental and economic standards to create a safe and healthy workplace, with a special emphasis on protection for women and empowering employees.
DETAILS THAT MATTER
- Easily adapts from crib (sold separately) to cozy toddler bed.
- When purchasing a crib, it is strongly recommended to purchase the toddler bed conversion kit at the same time.
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Conversion Kit: 51.25" long x 17.75" high x 1" thick
- Rigorously tested to meet or exceed all required and voluntary safety standards enacted by the US Product Safety Commission, the American Society of Testing Manufacturers and the Canadian Cribs and Cradles Regulations.
Dimensions & More Info
Toddler Bed Conversion Kit
- Overall: 51.25" long x 17.75" high x 1" thick
- Guardrail Opening: 18.5" wide
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Dust often using a clean, soft, dry cloth.
- Blot spills immediately, and wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
- We do not recommend the use of chemical cleansers, abrasives or furniture polish.
- Parents should ensure a safe environment for the child by checking regularly to see that every component is properly fastened and securely in place.
- Do not over-tighten fasteners, as this may cause distortion or breakage.
- Carefully package all original hardware to protect from loss or damage.
- Store assembly instructions for future reference.
Rigorously tested to meet or exceed all required and voluntary safety standards enacted by the Canadian Cribs and Cradles Regulations.
Expertly crafted from superior quality materials, all Pottery Barn Kids cribs provide lasting style and comfort. All of our cribs are designed and tested to the highest safety standards to comply with Canadian Cribs and Cradles regulations.
Crib Mattress & Bedding
The crib mattress should be firm and should fit snug within the crib. Use only a fitted bottom sheet that is specifically made for crib use (Pottery Barn Kids fitted crib sheets have elastic around the top and bottom, rather than around the entire edge, for added safety), along with a mattress pad and/or a waterproof pad. Lay your baby down with their feet at the foot of the crib and, if you use a blanket, ensure it is tucked around the sides of the crib mattress and covers your baby only up to the chest. Do not place decorative pillows, quilts, comforters, sheepskins or stuffed animals in the crib while your baby is sleeping, as they may prevent proper air circulation around your baby's face. When your child is able to pull up to a standing position, you should remove the crib bumper.
Crib Mattress Height
At birth, it's safe to set the crib mattress at its highest position to make it easier to place your newborn in the crib. For their safety, the mattress should be lowered from the highest position once your baby is able to sit up. Adjust the mattress to the lowest level once your baby is able to pull up to a standing position to minimize the risk of falling out of the crib.
Crib Placement and Mobiles
Your baby's crib should not be located near or beneath heavy objects, framed pictures, a window or near window shades or cords of any kind. Position mobiles out of arm's reach of your baby, and remove it as soon as your baby is able to sit up.
Small Parcel: For a charge starting at $19.95 your small item will be shipped by Purolator using either PuroPost or PuroGround. If a Canada Post package cannot be delivered, Canada Post will leave a notice for pick–up at a nearby location. If a PuroGround package cannot be delivered, you’ll also receive a notice with the option for pick-up at a local depot, or you can request re–delivery.
Large Parcel: For a charge starting at $39.95 your large item will be shipped by Purolator using either PuroPost or PuroGround. If a Canada Post package cannot be delivered, Canada Post will leave a notice for pick–up at a nearby location. If a PuroGround package cannot be delivered, you’ll also receive a notice with the option for pick-up at a local depot, or you can request re–delivery.
Small Furniture & Large Rugs: For a charge starting at a Flat Rate fee of $275.00 your small furniture and larger homeware items are delivered to your home into your room of choice. Once you have placed your order, you will receive a call to arrange a delivery time. Please allow up to 12–15 days from the date of order (for in–stock items) to receive this call. Typically, the delivery date offered will be within 5 days of your call for metro deliveries and up to 14 days rural areas.
White Glove Delivery: For a charge starting at a Flat Rate fee of $275.00 a specialized service* will deliver your items carried into the room of your choice, unpacked, fully assembled and all packaging is removed from your home. Following the placement of your order, you will be contacted by phone to arrange a suitable time for receiving your delivery. Please allow up to 12–15 days from the date of order to receive this call. Typically, the delivery date offered will be within 5 days of your call for metro deliveries and up to 14 days for all other areas.
*Not available in all locations. Please note that we are unable to hang art or install fixtures (e.g. curtain hardware), attach headboards to existing bed frames, install lighting or other electronic equipment. For details please visit our visit our Shipping Information Page.