Charlie Writing Desk & Hutch
This Craftsman-style desk and hutch set the scene for studying with ample drawer space and shelving. Bold new finishes and antiqued hardware, a solid hardwood frame plus its phthalate-, BPA- and lead-free construction make it as stylish and long-lasting as it is healthy for your home.
HOW IT IS CONSTRUCTED
- Crafted of solid oak wood, oak veneers and particle board.
- Expertly constructed with mortise-and-tenon and tongue-and-groove joinery for high quality structural integrity.
- Drawers feature English dovetail joinery and solid wooden glides which ensure smooth motion. Sturdy half-moon safety stops keep drawers securely in place.
- Hardwood frame is kiln-dried to prevent warping or bowing.
DETAILS THAT MATTER
- Hutch equipped with four storage cubbies, a corkboard back panel and a cutout for routing cords.
- Smoked gray desk knobs finished in oil-rubbed bronze.
- Smoked charcoal desk knobs finished in antique brass.
- Designed and handcrafted with precise care. Hand-finished and with natural, subtle variations in the wood, no two pieces are exactly alike.
- Features nylon glides with levelers for even stability on uneven floors.
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Desk: 42" wide x 22" deep x 29.75" high
- Hutch: 41.75" wide x 10.5" deep x 18" high
- This hutch is only compatible with the Charlie Writing Desk, it is not compatible with the Charlie Storage Desk.
- Assembly required.
- Rigorously tested to meet or exceed all required and voluntary safety standards.
- Anti-tip kit included: comes with safety-tested mounting hardware, instructions and a nylon strap. To prevent injuries from furniture tip-over, this item should be permanently fixed to the wall. More details on how to install anti-tip kits.
Desk and Hutch
- 42" wide x 22" deep x 47.75" high
- 42" wide x 22" deep x 29.75" high
- Useable Desk surface: 42" wide x 22" deep
- Drawer Interior (2): 15" wide x 15" deep x 2.5" high
- Clearance under desk: 37" wide x 21.5" deep x 23.5" high
- Weight: 53 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 200 pounds
- Drawer Weight Capacity: 5 pounds
- 41.75" wide x 10.5" deep x 18" high
- Storage Cubby Interior (4): 9.25" wide x 9" deep x 8.25" high
- Large Center Cubby (1): 19.5" wide x 9" deep x 17.25" high
- Weight: 31 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Cubby Weight Capacity: 25 pounds
- To maintain the quality of your wood furniture, do not expose it to direct sunlight or excessive temperatures; extreme changes in humidity can cause warping.
- Dust often using a soft, dry cloth.
- Use a non–silicone and non–wax polish; do not use soap, water or wax.
Small Parcel: For a charge starting at $19.95 your small item will be shipped by Purolator using either PuroPost or PuroGround. If a Canada Post package cannot be delivered, Canada Post will leave a notice for pick–up at a nearby location. If a PuroGround package cannot be delivered, you’ll also receive a notice with the option for pick-up at a local depot, or you can request re–delivery.
Large Parcel: For a charge starting at $39.95 your large item will be shipped by Purolator using either PuroPost or PuroGround. If a Canada Post package cannot be delivered, Canada Post will leave a notice for pick–up at a nearby location. If a PuroGround package cannot be delivered, you’ll also receive a notice with the option for pick-up at a local depot, or you can request re–delivery.
Small Furniture & Large Rugs: For a charge starting at a Flat Rate fee of $275.00 your small furniture and larger homeware items are delivered to your home into your room of choice. Once you have placed your order, you will receive a call to arrange a delivery time. Please allow up to 12–15 days from the date of order (for in–stock items) to receive this call. Typically, the delivery date offered will be within 5 days of your call for metro deliveries and up to 14 days rural areas.
White Glove Delivery: For a charge starting at a Flat Rate fee of $329.00 a specialized service* will deliver your items carried into the room of your choice, unpacked, fully assembled and all packaging is removed from your home. Following the placement of your order, you will be contacted by phone to arrange a suitable time for receiving your delivery. Please allow up to 12–15 days from the date of order to receive this call. Typically, the delivery date offered will be within 5 days of your call for metro deliveries and up to 14 days for all other areas.
*Not available in all locations. Please note that we are unable to hang art or install fixtures (e.g. curtain hardware), attach headboards to existing bed frames, install lighting or other electronic equipment. For details please visit our visit our Shipping Information Page.