Our Return Policy
You can return eligible items for a refund of the purchase price within the following time frames:
- 30 days of receiving an order
- 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items
- for items from your Pottery Barn Kids retail registry, within 90 days from the date of purchase or your event date, whichever date is later.
For in-store purchases, an original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items, Made to Order items and other customized items are not eligible for returns. If we shipped the wrong product or your order is damaged in transit, please contact us within 7 days. Please review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before purchasing any item.
HOLIDAY RETURN POLICY
Extended Holiday Gift Returns: To help with your holiday gift giving, purchased made between October 15th and December 24, 2021 may be returned or exchanged through January 31, 2022, when accompanied by a gift receipt or original receipt.
Ways To Return
- Online Purchases: Our customer care associates are ready to help, please call 855-860-1080 or visit your local store to make a return. For oversized items and furniture items, please call us for more details.
- In-Store Purchases: Please visit your local store to make a return. An original receipt or gift receipt is required—our stores will not accept returns or exchanges without a receipt or proof of purchase. Note that the return process for all furniture items must be started by calling customer care at 855-860-1080.
The following items are not eligible for returns or exchanges, unless defective:
- Made to Order or other customized items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Personalized or monogrammed items
- Gift Cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Used or soiled items and Items damaged through normal wear and tear
- Original Receipt for In-Store Purchases - Returns with the original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment.
- Gift Receipt - Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount on the gift receipt.
- Delivery Fees - Delivery fees are non-refundable.
- Cash & Cheque Refunds - Refunds over $100 (other than those refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit) will be issued as a company cheque and mailed to you (may take 14 business days).
- Over $10,000 - If your return for Merchandise Credit Cards is greater than $10,000, we will issue you $10,000 in Merchandise Credit Cards to you that day, then mail additional Merchandise Credit Card(s) for the remaining amount owed to you in subsequent days.
- Purchases are not eligible for price adjustments.
RETURN SHIPPING FEE
If a return is due to damage or an error on our part, you will never be charged a return shipping fee. We'll provide you with a shipping label and arrange for pickup at no cost to you.
If an item is returned using our provided shipping label, we'll deduct the cost of return shipping from your refund.
- Small Parcel Returns are charged at $15 per order. These are small items which are shipped together within a single box under one return shipping label.
- Large Parcel Returns are charged at $40 per order. These items are shipped individually in it's own dedicated box.
If you choose to ship the item on your own, simply pay the carrier when you ship your return. We recommend that you send the package insured and trackable, as we are not responsible for packages lost by the carrier.
All Returns must contain a Return Authorization Number. For assistance, please contact Customer Service at 1.855.860.1080, 7 days a week, 5:00 am – 9:00 pm (PST).